- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Robert J. Wittman
Latest Robert J. Wittman Items
The mantle of political cowardice never lies well on the shoulders of an elected official, yet with his recent vote on the Ryan-Murray budget "deal," my congressman, Rep. Robert J. Wittman, Virginia Republican, seems to have donned that mantle with uncharacteristic willingness ("All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget," Web, Dec. 11).
Federal employee unions and their allies on Capitol Hill are drawing a line in the sand against potential efforts to solve the "fiscal cliff" crisis on the backs of the federal workforce, saying the civil service already has done its part.
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell, who took an aerial tour on Monday to assess the damage from Hurricane Irene in Hampton Roads, said power had been restored to 600,000 customers and nearly all restorations would be completed by Friday.
The State Department is holding up final approval of Taiwan's request for a multibillion-dollar arms package to upgrade Taipei's fleet of aging F-16 jets.