- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
Latest Robert Levinson Items
The White House asked Iran "respectfully" Tuesday to return American Robert Levinson, the longest-held U.S. hostage in history.
The warm glow of public appeal for Ben Carson is growing after his recent provocative speech at the National Prayer Breakfast before an audience that included President Obama. The pediatric neurosurgeon cut a fearless, straightforward path through health care, taxes and American woes, prompting The Wall Street Journal to run an immediate op-ed titled "Ben Carson for President," declaring that Dr. Carson "may not be politically correct, but he's closer to correct than we've heard in years."
Two years after a hostage video and photographs of retired FBI agent Robert Levinson raised the possibility that the missing American was being held by terrorists, U.S. officials now see the government of Iran behind the images, intelligence officials told The Associated Press.
The family of retired FBI agent Robert Levinson, who vanished years ago in Iran, issued a plea Friday and, for the first time, released a hostage video they received from his unidentified captors.
Israel's prime minister declared Tuesday that his country must retain a strategic section of the West Bank under any future peace deal - a position unlikely to win Palestinians over to his reported plan to offer them a temporary state.
Global food prices have reached their highest point in 20 years and could increase further because of rising oil prices stemming from the unrest in Libya and the Mideast, a U.N. agency warned Thursday.
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says that "the future belongs to Iran," and he challenged the United States to accept that his country has a major role in the world.
A missing Iranian nuclear scientist, who has sought refuge at a Pakistani Embassy office in Washington and who Iran claims was abducted, is free to return to his homeland, the State Department said Tuesday.