- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Governor Moonbeam is fit and ready for another re-run
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Robert R. Willard
To foster its imperialistic goals, China for the past two decades has funded an unprecedented military expansion program. With no known threat to its homeland, that should leave no doubt that the Chinese plan to use their modernized People's Liberation Army (PLA) to further their expansionist objectives by intimidation or outright aggression. Their illegal claim to essentially the entire South China Sea, which they have declared a "core interest," is a case in point. Their unauthorized building of facilities on the Philippines' Mischief Reef in 1995 and their forced confrontation with Japan over disputed islands in 2010 only serve to illustrate what China is prepared to do in the future.
Willard stated that we have not seen any tests of the ASBM against a moving-ship target.