- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Robert Redford'S Sundance Institute
Latest Robert Redford'S Sundance Institute Items
Critic Roger Ebert is receiving an award from Robert Redford's Sundance Institute for his support of independent cinema.
The Democratic Congress successfully rammed through unpopular policies during this lame-duck session, but at least Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid had to withdraw his pork-laden omnibus spending bill. This retreat suggests some members of Congress understand the public's fury over out-of-control federal spending.