- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
Latest Robert Rizzo Items
A former city official who became a symbol of municipal greed was sentenced Wednesday to 12 years in prison - less than half the time it will take the nearly bankrupt Los Angeles suburb of Bell to dig itself out of the estimated $150 million in debt he left behind.
Former Bell City Manager Robert Rizzo sentenced to 12 years in state prison.
The disgraced former city manager who became the face of a multimillion dollar corruption scandal in the small Los Angeles suburb of Bell was sentenced in federal court Monday to 33 months in prison for income tax evasion.
Disgraced former Bell city manager Robert Rizzo pleaded guilty Monday to charges that he filed a false federal income tax return to reduce his tax liability.
A former city manager's huge $787,000 salary is only half of the unusually generous total compensation given to the official in the small California blue-collar city of Bell, according to a city official.
Three administrators whose huge salaries sparked outrage in Bell, Calif., a small blue-collar suburb of Los Angeles, have agreed to resign, the City Council said Friday.