- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Latest Roberta Flack Items
Feb. 10: Actor Robert Wagner is 83. Guitarist Don Wilson of The Ventures is 80. Singer Roberta Flack is 76. Singer Jimmy Merchant of Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers is 73. Bassist Bob Spalding of The Ventures is 66. Keyboardist Cory Lerios of Pablo Cruise is 62. Country singer Lionel Cartwright is 53. Actress Laura Dern is 46. Country singer Dude Mowrey is 41. Actress Elizabeth Banks ("Scrubs") is 39. Singer Eric Dill (The Click Five) is 31. Keyboardist Ben Romans of The Click Five is 31. Actress Emma Roberts is 22. Actress Makenzie Vega ("The Good Wife") is 19. Actress Chloe Grace Moretz ("Hugo," "Kick-Ass") is 16.
Retired boxing great Muhammad Ali will visit Philadelphia to receive the Liberty Medal, an award recognizing his longtime role as a fighter outside the ring for humanitarian causes, civil rights and religious freedom.
Whitney Houston died from drowning in a hotel bathtub, but coroner's officials said Thursday that heart disease and chronic cocaine use were contributing factors to the singer's death.
Whitney Houston's flower-covered casket arrived Saturday at the church where her powerful voice first wowed the congregation, as the biggest names in entertainment solemnly filed in to remember the pop superstar in her hometown.
"You wait for a voice like that for a lifetime." _ Clive Davis
Clapping hands and swaying to gospel hymns in the church where Whitney Houston's powerful voice once wowed her congregation, the biggest names in entertainment sang along with the choir to remember the pop superstar at her hometown funeral Saturday.
Fans of "Soul Train" boogied down Broadway wearing Afro wigs and bell bottoms on Saturday while others recounted their favorite episodes at a Harlem meeting hall in tribute to the show's late creator, Don Cornelius.
Dozens of people are dancing in Times Square as a tribute to "Soul Train" creator Don Cornelius.
Fans of "Soul Train" boogied down Broadway wearing afro wigs and bell bottoms on Saturday while others recounted their favorite episodes at a Harlem meeting hall in tribute to the show's late creator, Don Cornelius.