- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Memories of a long brotherhood tempered in common struggle
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Roberta Vinci
Pennetta, ranked 83rd, hasn't dropped a set en route to the semifinals. Gasquet made his second Grand Slam semifinal, the only other coming at Wimbledon in 2007.
Roberta Vinci will face a fellow Italian in the U.S. Open quarterfinals for the second straight year.
The 15-time Grand Slam champion next plays 2009 French Open winner Svetlana Kuznetsova. With a victory, Williams would earn her first berth in a French Open semifinal since 2003.
Roberta Vinci advanced to the Dubai Championships semifinals by beating former U.S. Open champion Samantha Stosur 6-2, 6-4 Thursday.
Fifth-seeded Roberta Vinci was bounced out of the Open GDF Suez when she was beaten by Mona Barthel of Germany 4-6, 6-1, 6-3 in the second round Wednesday.
Serena Williams cautiously walked onto the court, and tried to keep the points short to avoid irritating her injured right ankle as she advanced to the third round at the Australian Open.
Maria Sharapova aims to return to the No. 1 spot in the rankings after a solid season in 2012.
Top-ranked Victoria Azarenka withdrew from the Pan Pacific Open quarterfinals on Thursday, a day after experiencing dizziness in a third-round win over Italy's Roberta Vinci.
Maria Sharapova came from behind after a rain delay for the second straight match, advancing to the U.S. Open semifinals with a three-set victory over Marion Bartoli.
Sara Errani beat good friend and doubles partner Roberta Vinci to reach the semifinals at the U.S. Open.
Teammates one afternoon, opponents the next, Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci exchanged glances and giggles while sitting side-by-side for a news conference after reaching the U.S. Open doubles semifinals with a victory on Tuesday.
Roberta Vinci and Sara Errani planned to eat dinner together Monday and Tuesday, as usual.
Former French Open champion Francesca Schiavone and Flavia Pennetta will lead Italy in the Fed Cup semifinals against defending champion Czech Republic.
Serena Williams started early and finished fast Saturday.
Serena Williams advanced to the fourth round of the Sony Ericsson Open by beating Roberta Vinci 6-2, 6-1 Saturday.
"This my kind of tennis. I cannot play (a) different style. I'm happy that I'm different," Vinci said, using her fingers to make air quotes as she said the final word.
Later, she explained: "Even if I was making errors, I needed to try to play my game."