- Education Department botching loan-amnesty program: GAO review
- Snowden: NSA uses fake Facebook to hack into users’ computers
- Tearin’ up my tweet: ‘N Sync’s Lance Bass promotes wrong Obamacare website
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- Pentagon: U.S. F-16 fighter jets to train with Poland near Ukraine
- Jerry Sandusky’s wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Ben Carson: America’s now ‘very much like Nazi Germany’
- Heroin found on N.J. toddler at day care
- Pistorius trial: Police conduct faces scrutiny
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
Topic - Robin Kelly
Three Illinois congressmen have signed a letter asking for a federal investigation into the handling and potential health effects of petroleum coke.
Members of Illinois' congressional delegation announced Friday they will sponsor legislation that would create a national park in Chicago's historic Pullman neighborhood.
The Democratic nominee to take over former Rep. Jesse L. Jackson Jr.'s House seat vowed in her Tuesday evening victory speech to tackle gun-related violence and take a leadership role in the national debate over gun control.
The Democratic primary win of Robin Kelly – whose signature issue is gun control — is a mandate for the federal government to tighten restrictions on Second Amendment rights, said Vice President Joe Biden.
Tuesday's primary for Chicago-area Democrats voting to replace former Rep. Jesse L. Jackson Jr. could be the first indication of whether gun control will take center stage in next year's congressional races.
How is it that New York Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg is taking part in our election to replace Jesse Jackson Jr. by touting one of the candidates ("Bloomberg to dump $2M into Chicago race to defeat gun advocate Halvorson," Web, Sunday)? This is just more New York influence, like the ineffective police chief Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel has hired, who is being hamstrung by the gangs of Chicago, or New Yorker Gabe Klein showing Mr. Emanuel how to cause gridlock by installing bike lanes on our busiest thoroughfares.
Ripples from the deadly shootings in Connecticut are already affecting political campaigns, including a special congressional election in Illinois where a gun rights supporter is calling for tighter gun controls as part of her agenda.
"Their days of holding our country hostage are coming to an end," she said, according to AP.
"We were on the right side of the [gun] issue and our message resonated," Ms. Kelly said, according to the AP report.