- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
Latest Rocco Desimone Items
A former Rhode Island art dealer convicted of defrauding a wide range of investors _ from a wealthy collector of Japanese swords to a school janitor _ was sentenced to 16 years in prison Thursday for his elaborate multimillion-dollar scheme.
A former Rhode Island art dealer was convicted Wednesday of defrauding a wide variety of investors _ from a wealthy Japanese sword collector to a school janitor _ in an elaborate multimillion-dollar con.
A federal prosecutor said during his closing argument Monday that a former Rhode Island art dealer charged in a $6 million fraud case is a ruthless con man, but a defense attorney countered that his client is the victim of his accountant, a greedy business partner and investors who want their money back.
As his trial drew to a close, a former Rhode Island art dealer said Friday that witnesses lied to the jury in claiming he duped them in what prosecutors call a $6 million con.