- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
Topic - Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
The Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation (RMEF) is a conservationist organization, founded in the United States in 1984 by four hunters from Troy, Montana (Bob Munson, Bill Munson, Dan Bull and Charlie Decker) with the mission of ensuring the future of elk, other wildlife, and their habitat. In support of this mission the RMEF is committed to: (1) Conserving, restoring, and enhancing natural habitats; (2) Promoting the sound management of wild, free-ranging elk, which may be hunted or otherwise enjoyed; (3) Fostering cooperation among federal, state, tribal, and private organizations and individuals in wildlife management and habitat conservation; and (4) Educating members and the public about habitat conservation, the value of hunting, hunting ethics, and wildlife management. - Source: Wikipedia
The Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation has donated $25,000 to the state Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks to help the agency better determine the number of wolves in Montana.
Using a helicopter to push wild animals from one area to another would seem to be a relatively easy operation, but state Game, Fish & Parks wildlife manager John Kanta and officials from Wind Cave National Park know better.
The Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation has donated $45,000 to a program that increases hunting and fishing access in Wyoming.