- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
Topic - Rod Wallace
Portland (5-1-7) beat United for the first time in four meetings since the club joined MLS in 2011, extending its club-record unbeaten streak to 11 games.
"It's about being a leader on and off the field," he said. "It's not so much being a leader through your voice, although that is important. It's about being a leader by example."
"I like to keep the ball," he said. "I like to keep possession. I'm a technical player, so I like the ball at my feet. I'm not the biggest guy, so long balls don't help when I'm playing. I like to dictate the pace of the game and get forward to set up goals."