- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
Latest Rodney Erickson Items
Penn State University says it's on pace to receive a record number of applications.
Eric Barron, a former professor and dean at Penn State University and president of Florida State University, was chosen Monday to lead Pennsylvania's largest university as it continues grappling with fallout from the Jerry Sandusky scandal. He'll bring with him the experience of managing a major state university known as much for its for storied athletic program as its academic mission, as well as the fallout from a sex-abuse scandal with ties to big-time college football.
Eric Barron, a former professor and dean at Penn State University and president of Florida State University, was chosen Monday to lead Pennsylvania's largest university as it continues grappling with fallout from the Jerry Sandusky scandal.
Penn State trustees will meet early next week to consider hiring a president to replace the administrator who has led the school since shortly after Jerry Sandusky was arrested on child molestation charges, the university said Friday.
Penn State is reporting that applications are on the rise, and officials say it's a sign the school may be starting to get the Jerry Sandusky scandal behind it.
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) — Penn State's search for a new football coach might be over.
Penn State said Monday it is paying $59.7 million to 26 young men over claims of child sexual abuse at the hands of former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky.
Penn State will gradually get back football scholarships taken away over the child molestation scandal, the NCAA announced Tuesday, crediting the university for making significant improvements to its athletics programs.
Bill O'Brien is getting a nearly $1 million raise after his "tremendous job" in his debut season as Penn State's football coach.