- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Rodney King Items
Police officers assigned to foot patrols of downtown Los Angeles began wearing on-body cameras on Wednesday as the city evaluates different models to include in its policing.
Signs of increasing polarization must be met head-on
President Obama, America's first half-black, half-white president, went to the White House podium last week to address the nation's most racially divisive case since Rodney King.
President Obama, America's first half-black, half-white president, went to the White House podium last week to address the nation's most racially divisive case since Rodney King. But he wasn't there to calm the country.
Appalling ignorance, seething racial hatred, lurid sexual fears and grotesque violence once again swirl together in search of rough justice and bark out gunfire in the inky darkness, instantly altering so many lives forever.
While the reaction to George Zimmerman's acquittal in the Trayvon Martin killing resembles the backlash against the 1992 not guilty verdict in the Rodney King beating, legal analysts said there is little likelihood of another successful federal prosecution on civil rights or hate crimes charges.
A jury of six women found neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman not guilty of all charges on Saturday in the shooting of Trayvon Martin. Here are some quotes from key figures involved in the case.
Analysts, law enforcement officials and, most of all, the media warned of potential riots and violence in the streets after Saturday night's acquittal of George Zimmerman — instead protests across the country mostly were peaceful.
Civil rights are essentially those rights guaranteed broadly by the Constitution and more narrowly by the Bill of Rights. At the heart of the Bill of Rights is the belief, enshrined in the Declaration of Independence, that we are endowed by our Creator with the right to life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, the right to be secure in our person and our property, and that any government must guarantee these rights to have any claim to legitimacy.