- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Latest Roger Bernadina Items
Michael Morse homered, doubled and drove in three runs, Roger Bernadina and Danny Espinosa hit two-run homers and Ross Detwiler earned his first win in nearly a year as the Washington Nationals beat the Houston Astros 7-2 Thursday.
Nyjer Morgan had two hits and scored two runs in his return from the disabled list, Willie Harris padded the lead with a two-run homer in the ninth and the Washington Nationals beat the Atlanta Braves 6-2 on Thursday.
The Atlanta Braves did it again in their final at-bat, beating the Washington Nationals 3-2 on Jason Heyward's run-scoring single in the ninth inning Wednesday night.
Ian Desmond hit a tiebreaking single in the seventh inning and the Washington Nationals beat the Arizona Diamondbacks 5-3 on Sunday.
Stephen Strasburg's fifth big league start was by far his toughest.
Miguel Tejada singled in the tiebreaking run in the eighth inning, and the Baltimore Orioles rallied to beat the Washington Nationals 4-3 Sunday for their season-high fourth straight win.
Despite Stephen Strasburg's 9 strike outs, the Nationals couldn't pull off a win over the Royals and were defeated 1-0.
Buffalo 3, Columbus 2: Garrett Mock (3.31) allowed only one hit over six scoreless innings, but the Clippers lost at home.
Harrisburg 6, New Britain 2 (first): William Bergolla (.231) went 2-for-3 with his first home run and two RBI to help the Senators win the first game of a doubleheader. Roger Bernadina (.329) was 2-for-3 with two doubles and two RBI. Zech Zinicola (2-1, 2.00) allowed one run in two innings and won in relief. Jordan Zimmermann (2.76) allowed one run in four innings.