- Rich Peverley collapses on Dallas Stars bench; game postponed
- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - Roger Dixon
The Pointe Coupee Parish School Board has suspended a school bus driver for six months without pay and stripped him of his tenure rights for leaving a 5-year-old student on his bus for several hours three months ago.
Channeling his best Clint Eastwood, the head of the agency that operates the College World Series stadium issued a warning Wednesday to fans tempted to dash onto the field during play: "Get off my lawn."
Roger Dixon, president of the Metropolitan Entertainment and Convention Authority, said security personnel have made it a priority this year to keep fans from disrupting games at TD Ameritrade Park.
"I just think they're kids who get hopped up," Dixon said. "They're out here tweeting back and forth, talking about it, egging each other on. So we will start watching that now and when we see something like that building up, you'll probably see a bigger presence of security out there."