- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Roger Goodell Items
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said Atlanta likely will have to build a new stadium if it wants to host its third Super Bowl.
The players union has rejected a proposal from the NFL on long-term care for former players, saying the supplemental policy would exclude too many of them.
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell says the union has made its counter proposal to the owners' plan for an 18-game regular season.
Steelers safety Troy Polamalu is renewing his call to let NFL players help decide fines for flagrant hits.
The Pittsburgh Steelers can't seem to do it the easy way, can't seem to stay out of trouble.
Sorry, Troy Polamalu. Commissioner Roger Goodell says active NFL players won't be deciding punishment for flagrant hits that merit fines.
The NFL knows drama, on and off the field.
Green Bay Packers safety Nick Collins could face additional discipline from the NFL after a helmet-to-helmet hit on Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Roy Williams.
Imagine a scenario in which NFL officials - investigating an aggressive and illegal hit - decided to suspend all play by all teams for the entire season pending a full investigation into the adequacy of safety equipment. Now consider how those circumstances would play out if Commissioner Roger Goodell were President Obama, the league were America's oil and gas sectors and the canceled season were the offshore drilling ban.