- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel concludes
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
Topic - Roger Mudd
Emmy Award-winning journalist Roger Mudd will be in Mississippi on Friday to share memories of his longtime friend, author Eudora Welty.
Millsaps College will give honorary degrees to former NBC News anchor Roger Mudd, Methodist pastor and seminary professor Lovett Weems Jr., and former Mississippi first lady Elise Varner Winter.
Mr. Mudd said his papers will have "a happy home" at Washington and Lee.
CBS correspondent Roger Mudd was reporting in the Senate on Nov. 22.