- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Hillary Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror plotter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
Latest Roman Polański Items
After 12 years playing sultry screen vixen Samantha Jones on "Sex and the City," Kim Cattrall says she's "letting it all hang out" in her new role as a has-been porn star.
Roman Polanski's "The Ghost Writer," a story of a journalist hired to write the memoirs of a British prime minister, has won the prize for best film at the European Film Awards.
"[Jodie] Foster and [Mel] Gibson have a long history. ... It's somewhat laudable to stand by a friend with a tarnished reputation. But when the friend in question is someone accused of spousal abuse, threats and the most vicious and appalling of sexual and racial slurs, maybe she'd want to distance herself a little," writes Mary Elizabeth Williams at Salon.
"A similar reaction seems to loom whenever a creator or actor does something really beyond the pale, like Roman Polanski."
The film director Roman Polanski, free after nine months of detention, arrived Saturday at the Montreux Jazz Festival in his first public appearance since being released this week from house arrest.
Roman Polanski has made his first public appearance since being released this week from house arrest, attending the Montreux Jazz Festival on Saturday to watch his wife perform on stage.
American authorities are disputing who was a fault for apparent miscommunication over sealed transcripts requested by Switzerland in the Roman Polanski case _ an issue the Swiss say played a key role in the decision to refuse his extradition.
Federal officials denied Thursday keeping Los Angeles prosecutors in the dark about refusing a Swiss request for sealed transcripts in the Roman Polanski case, a move that was pivotal to the Swiss refusal to extradite the filmmaker to the United States.
The Roman Polanski case took another strange turn Thursday, with American prosecutors disputing who was responsible for an apparent miscommunication about sealed transcripts requested by Swiss authorities.