- Selfies gone too far? N.Y. woman snaps photo in front of suicidal man on bridge
- Rob Ford gets D.C. sports radio gig: Toronto’s crack-smoking mayor will make NFL picks
- Israel mulls gift of West Bank land to Palestinians
- Stocks gain as investors weigh economic news
- Doctors say ‘profound’ new HIV treatment may prove the cure
- Mexican truck with radioactive load stolen
- NYPD head Ray Kelly wins big retirement perk — a $1.5M tax-paid team of bodyguards
- Pentagon weighing ‘second start’ for overexposed youth in social media
- Libraries to feds: Stop spying on us
- Britain eyes new powers to thwart Islamic extremists
Latest Romania Items
By the time Franklin D. Roosevelt died in April 1945, his grand vision of the world was rapidly slipping from his grasp. Once Nazi Germany was defeated, FDR hoped to leave Europe to Britain and the Soviet Union, but he had no answer to the question of just how Britain was supposed to single-handedly defend freedom on the Continent, overmatched as it clearly was.
The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg doesn't get a lot of turns in the spotlight. It's an independent country tinier than Rhode Island and it would fit inside Germany, its neighbor to the east, 138 times with room to spare.
The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg doesn't get a lot of turns in the spotlight.
When Elie Wiesel emerged from quintuple heart bypass surgery, still wired to monitors, he immediately started writing a book about the ordeal _ "in my head." In French.
When Elie Wiesel emerged from quintuple heart-bypass surgery, still wired to monitors, he immediately started writing a book about the ordeal — "in my head." In French.
One painting shows a peasant crucified above a hole in the shape of Romania. Another of a man holding a book is painted in the style of Pablo Picasso.
Prague, Czech Republic
A white limousine screeches to a halt and a bride, resplendent in frothy gown and veil, is hauled outside by her abductors.
An ongoing battle between the prime minister and the president amid a tanking economy has left many Romanians longing for a return to communism because they think the democratic and free-market reforms of the past two decades have failed.