- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - Romano Prodi
Former Italian Prime Minister Romano Prodi has been named U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon's special envoy for the troubled Sahel region of Africa.
ROME — Conservative opposition leaders yesterday threatened to bring "millions" of demonstrators into Rome's streets if President Giorgio Napolitano does not call immediate elections in the wake of the collapse of Prime Minister Romano Prodi's center-left coalition.
RAMALLAH, West Bank — Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas has accused Gaza"s Hamas rulers of allowing al Qaeda to infiltrate the coastal strip, a charge denied by the militants.
ROME — President Bush yesterday defended his humanitarian record to Pope Benedict XVI, who expressed concern about "the worrisome situation in Iraq."