- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
Latest Ron Barber Items
Former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and her husband launched a political action committee aimed at curbing gun violence on Tuesday as her Arizona hometown paused to mark the second anniversary of a deadly shooting rampage that left her with severe injuries.
Former Democratic state Sen. Kyrsten Sinema has been elected to represent a new Phoenix-area congressional district, emerging victorious after a bitterly fought race that featured millions of dollars in attack ads.
Combative Republican tea party icon Rep. Allen B. West won't concede his re-election fight despite Florida ballot counts showing Democratic challenger Patrick Murphy with a slim lead.
Gabrielle Giffords has inspired the cheering delegates at the Democratic National Convention by leading the Pledge of Allegiance.
Jared Lee Loughner agreed Tuesday to spend the rest of his life in prison, accepting that he went on a deadly shooting rampage at an Arizona political gathering and sparing the victims a lengthy, possibly traumatic death-penalty trial.
They shrug at President Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney. They're in no hurry to decide which one to support in the White House race. And they'll have a big say in determining who wins the White House.
The tea party Republican who sought former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords' seat in Congress has dropped out of the fall race, two days after losing a special election to serve out her term.
Democrats went into Tuesday's special congressional election in Arizona hoping that late campaign appearances by former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords would help push her hand-picked successor to victory.
Democrats kept former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords' seat in their fold Tuesday with Ron Barber, a one-time aide to Ms. Giffords, fending off a special-election challenge in Arizona's 8th District.