- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
Latest Ron Gardenhire Items
Jim Thome sat on the dugout bench, looking upbeat and relaxed less than 24 hours after hitting his 600th home run.
Throughout their history, from Jeff Burroughs to Juan Gonzalez and Rafael Palmeiro, and on to the current group led by Josh Hamilton, the Texas Rangers have been known for their ability to score in bunches.
One day before a huge home series against division-leading Cleveland, and with a pitching staff already under stress from a brutal stretch of 19 games in 18 days, right-hander Scott Baker told the Minnesota Twins he wouldn't be able to make his scheduled start in the series opener.
Former All-Star Joe Nathan took over the closer's job for the Minnesota Twins and promptly picked up his first save since April 8.
Joe Mauer made his major league debut at first base in the Minnesota Twins game against the Chicago White Sox on Thursday night.
Tsuyoshi Nishioka's long-delayed debut in Minnesota has arrived. This time, he'll play a different part.
Joe Mauer's return to the Minnesota lineup has been set for Friday.
The Minnesota Twins still have the worst record in the American League. Still in last place in their division, 12 games below the .500 mark. Still missing most of their stars to injury.
Minnesota Twins center fielder Denard Span was out of the lineup for the fifth time in the last six games because of whiplash from a home-plate collision last week. He was diagnosed with a mild concussion and placed on the new seven-day disabled list on Thursday night.