- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Latest Ron Johnson Items
A second Republican has entered the race to challenge Democratic U.S. Rep. Ron Kind in western Wisconsin's 3rd Congressional District.
Alabama's physician governor plans to sign legislation to put Alabama among a growing number of states enacting restrictions on teenagers using tanning salons.
Sen. Ron Johnson sued Monday to take away his fellow lawmakers' health care subsidies, saying members of Congress and staff who must enter the Obamacare marketplace should not get financial perks that regular Americans cannot obtain.
Sen. Ron Johnson said Monday he will ask the courts to make sure that Congress is treated the same way regular Americans are treated in the Obamacare marketplace, even if it means taking away his colleagues' health care subsidies, because the financial aid is not in the Obamacare law they passed in 2010 and forces taxpayers to pay for part of lawmakers' premiums.
Charles Edwards, the acting Homeland Security inspector general who has both investigated controversy and come under scrutiny himself, has been reassigned amid congressional criticism of his oversight record.
Investigations into the U.S. Secret Service sexual misconduct scandal have been undercut by resistance from a key Democratic senator, missteps by her Republican counterpart and nepotism allegations against an embattled inspector general.
The bipartisan leaders of a key Senate panel have taken the rare step of calling for the resignation of the Homeland Security Department's inspector general, saying they have documented through whistleblowers several allegations of inappropriate behavior, including accusations he soft-pedaled an internal probe of the Secret Service prostitution scandal.
ANALYSIS: The rowdy, stubborn species of conservatives who forced the 16-day shutdown of government and brought the nation to the brink of default can only see victory in their loss in the debt-ceiling battle.
The rowdy, stubborn species of conservatives who forced the 16-day shutdown of the federal government and brought the nation to the brink of default see only victory in their loss in the debt-ceiling battle.