- ‘Harry Potter’ religion class seeks to enlighten students on ‘God, sin, and theodicy’
- ‘Optionally piloted’ Black Hawk helicopter clears tests; future missions to go ‘fully unmanned’
- Vice News reporter kidnapped in Ukraine is freed after being beaten, blindfolded
- FCC’s new ‘net neutrality’ proposal sparks outrage among consumer advocates
- Families of ferry’s lost confront South Korean officials
- 2-week truce for Sriracha hot sauce maker, California city
- NYC’s de Blasio seeks to ban wood-burning fireplaces
- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town’s name during mudslide visit
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Topic - Ronald Kirby
The slaying last month of an Alexandria woman who was shot when she opened her front door appears to be linked to two other unsolved killings in the city, police said Thursday, leaving residents fearful and wondering if an unknown killer has been striking their community for years.
Alexandria police said Thursday that the fatal shooting of a music teacher last month and the killing last year of a regional planning official "appear to be linked" to the decade-old unsolved slaying of the wife of the city's former sheriff.
Alexandria police on Tuesday were investigating the fatal shooting of a longtime planner with the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments.