- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
Latest Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport Items
Security lines to the skycap, double the wait time, fewer flights -- and that will be on a good day.
Virginia lawmakers and air travel officials on Monday warned of long lines and even longer delays if looming federal spending cuts are not avoided.
While visitors to George Washington's Mount Vernon may be impressed with the level of luxury our first president and his family enjoyed, if George Washington could visit the homes at nearby Riverwood at Ferry Point, he might just be impressed himself.
Visitors to George Washington's Mount Vernon estate -- if they can escape the crowds of tourists and explore the outer reaches of the grounds -- often marvel at the serenity found so close to Old Town Alexandria and downtown Washington. The original estate was even larger, surrounded by undeveloped land.
A line of thunderstorms that stretched from Pennsylvania to Virginia walloped the D.C.-area Tuesday afternoon, toppling trees, knocking out power to thousands, and flooding roads as commuters started their evening trip home.
Whether you are a prospective homebuyer, a real estate investor or a builder, the property at 5935 Tilbury Road west of Alexandria has something to offer. This unusual residence, in the Mount Hebron area of Fairfax County, offers an idyllic setting on a large wooded site within minutes of two Metro stations and the shops and restaurants in Kingstowne and Old Town Alexandria.
A new report describes a chaotic scene in an airport tower after controllers mistakenly flew three planes too close to each other near the nation's capital. It says some controllers were rattled afterward.
Elected leaders from the District, Maryland and Virginia joined the nation's top transportation official on Tuesday calling for immediate reforms at the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority in the wake of recent reports that raise "serious doubts" about its effectiveness.
The Federal Aviation Administration will bar airports nationwide from using a traffic-reversing operation after a close call last week at an airport near the nation's capital.