- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
Latest Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport Items
A new passenger screening program to make check-in more convenient for certain travelers is being expanded to 28 more major U.S. airports, including all three Washington-area airports by year's end, the government said Wednesday.
While security has "vastly improved" since the creation of the Transportation Security Administration a decade ago, there is still "a great deal of work to do" in improving traveler satisfaction, according to a new survey released Wednesday by a travel and tourism trade group.
A towering bronze figure of President Ronald Reagan was unveiled Tuesday at the Washington-area airport named in his honor, the last of four statues built around the world in celebration of the late president's 100th birthday.
A rare pre-Halloween snow fell on much of the D.C. area early Saturday, coating roofs and cars and dusting trees that have not yet shed their leaves.
The House of Representatives that returns Tuesday is 10 percent leaner than a year prior — the result of a pair of mandates requiring largely symbolic cuts to the way it goes about its business enacted since John A. Boehner, Ohio Republican, assumed the speaker's gavel in January.
Travelers across the country are facing days of grief as thousands of flights get canceled because of Hurricane Irene.
The largest Virginia earthquake in more than a century jolted the Washington, D.C., area on Tuesday, prompting widespread building evacuations, snarling traffic and sending emergency crews scrambling after reports of superficial damage and minor injuries.
Sen. Marco Rubio still gets billed as a potential vice presidential candidate in 2012, and there are those who pine for him to run for president one day.
While most Washingtonians must drive a few hours before they can enjoy a beach, a home on the market on Lake Barcroft in Falls Church has a private beach and an adjoining waterfront lot — all within seven miles of Washington.