- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Latest Rory McIlroy Items
Both Rory McIlroy and Tiger Woods are off to good starts at the 2014 British Open.
After a shaky start to the British Open, Woods ripped through Royal Liverpool on Thursday much like he did eight years ago, when he won the claret jug for the third time. Five birdies in six holes carried Woods to a 3-under 69, leaving him just three shots behind McIlroy.
For a major championship that began 154 years ago, no one ever knows what to expect at the British Open.
This year, McIlroy has played the opening round at a cumulative 49-under par. On the weekends, he's a combined 39 under. But on Fridays, for some reason, he's at 15 over.
He became only the seventh player in 114 years of the U.S. Open to go wire-to-wire, and no one ever had a chance. Kaymer led by at least four shots for the final 48 holes of this U.S. Open.
Too bad the Fox Sports contract to televise the U.S. Open doesn't start until next year. Greg Norman would probably have a lot to say about the difficulty of playing with a big lead on the weekend at a major championship.
He set the 36-hole scoring record at 10-under 130 and left the rest of the field wondering if the 29-year-old German was playing a different course, or even a different tournament.
There were dark times over the past few years when Paul Casey wondered if maybe he was done with golf.
Ben Curtis grew up just a few miles from Muirfield Village Golf Club.