- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Rory McIlroy Items
Only a few months removed from his Masters meltdown, Rory McIlroy made six birdies and not a single bogey in the first round of the U.S. Open to open a three-shot lead on Y.E. Yang.
A few months removed from his Masters meltdown, Rory McIlroy has a share of the lead at the U.S. Open.
Rory McIlroy pondered his back-nine collapse at the Masters earlier this year for a week, plucked some lessons for future use and then insisted the miserable Sunday was in his past.
No Americans out there who can win the U.S. Open?
British Open champion Louis Oosthuizen was tied for the lead at the U.S. Open after making four birdies over his first 11 holes.
If birdies are supposed to be hard to come by at the U.S. Open, Johan Edfors isn't getting the message.
Light rain. Heavy rough. Welcome to the 111th U.S. Open.
The 111th U.S. Open got under way Thursday morning under drizzling skies at Congressional Country Club.
There's no mistaking this is the U.S. Open: 156 of the world's top golfers playing one of the country's most respected courses, Bethesda's Congressional Country Club. With eight past champions and just about everyone not named Tiger Woods taking part, it's a fitting national championship.