- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Latest Rosa Parks Items
A first-person essay written by Rosa Parks presents a detailed and harrowing account of a young black housekeeper who is nearly raped by a white neighbor.
Major League Baseball is coming to the home of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. to pay tribute to those whose life's work embodies the spirit of the Civil Rights movement.
For years, many of us in the education reform movement have believed that the fight to ensure all children equal access to a high-quality education is the civil rights issue of our time. If that is indeed the case, the civil rights movement has found a new "Rosa Parks" - Kelley Williams-Bolar.
Amid late 2010's snowstorms and champagne toasts, most folks likely missed a truly stunning comment by a high-profile U.S. journalist. Katie Couric's words epitomize the ignorance and politically correct blindness that befall too many of America's media elite.
This may not be the end, but I think I can see it from here. Ever so hesitatingly and oh so painfully, I hate to admit that I am beginning to wonder why Americans even bother to vote anymore on controversial issues. If the America-hating liberals, socialists and Marxists in charge don't like the outcome of a decision by "we the people," they either sue and get a black-robed, leftist federal judge to declare the results unconstitutional or they get the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) to sue for them. Hey, if you can't beat us at the polls, take us to court or sue us in the bizarro world of the corrupt American anti-justice court system. Freedom for sale at what price?
Defiance is the DNA of America. Every fiber of my being is overdosed on high-octane defiance. I often rise in the morning convinced that I am Rosa Parks with a loud guitar. It is beautiful.
Last week, a lesbian filed suit against eHarmony.com because the online dating service does not fix up homosexual couples.