- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Roscoe G. Bartlett
Latest Roscoe G. Bartlett Items
Maryland Democrats might want to push Republican Rep. Roscoe G. Bartlett out of office, but he could be the state's only hope against a foe that has terrorized Republicans and Democrats alike - the brown marmorated stink bug.
Members of Maryland's tea party movement are opposing a recommended congressional redistricting map that they say could further shift political power to the state's Democratic majority.
The new Maryland congressional map recommended by a governor-appointed panel would give Democrats a strong chance of unseating Republican Rep. Roscoe G. Bartlett and extending their political advantage in the state, observers said Tuesday.
It is becoming increasingly more expensive and restrictive to reside or operate a business in the state of Maryland ("Maryland Democrats eye seat held by GOP's Rep. Bartlett," Web, Thursday).
Maryland Democrats looking to extend their dominance in state politics during this year's congressional redistricting appear to have settled on a primary target — forcing out 10-term Republican Rep. Roscoe G. Bartlett from his Western Maryland seat.
Maryland's redistricting committee began a 12-stop listening tour during the weekend in Western Maryland - an expected battleground in the state's redrawing of congressional and state legislative boundaries.
Maryland Democrats will likely set their sights on the state's two Republican congressional districts during redistricting this year, but they could have trouble improving upon the favorable map they built a decade ago.
HAGERSTOWN, Md. (AP) - Rep. Roscoe G. Bartlett, a conservative Republican with an unusually green reputation, said yesterday that he will co-sponsor a bill to allow oil and natural gas drilling in part of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) after years of opposition.