- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Rose Smith
A heavy slate of candidates hoping to replace former D.C. Council member Harry Thomas Jr. is courting a bloc of "supervoters" who could decide the winner - senior citizens.
"We understand what we need for D.C.," she said of Ward 5 seniors. "At one time, we were the powerhouse of all the wards. We've got to get back to where we were."
Ms. Smith, who sat outside Turkey Thicket on Monday to promote Mr. Magnus, said she worked in printing for the D.C. government for nearly 30 years before an injury forced her out.