- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Roy Ellison Items
We have another report of an NFL game official verbally abusing a player on the field. Have they gone too far?
The Fritz Pollard Alliance sent a letter to the NFL on Monday calling for a 15-yard penalty on players who use abusive language on the field.
An NFL game official was suspended Friday for one game without pay for making "a profane and derogatory statement" to a Washington Redskins player, an incident that has led to a call for NFL players to stop using the N-word on the field and in the locker room.
The umpire at the center of the Trent Williams case has been suspended by the NFL for his actions last week. Details here.
Trent Williams says the NFL has not reached out to him as a part of its investigation of his alleged incident with a game official in Philly.
Comcast SportsNet has learned that umpire Roy Ellison will not be suspended following his alleged incident with Trent Williams during last Sunday's game.
Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan said he expects to speak to the NFL this week about Sunday's incident between Trent Williams and a game official.
The Washington Redskins were only whistled for four penalties in Sunday's crippling 24-16 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles. But offensive lineman Trent Williams accused umpire Roy Ellison of cursing him late in the first half.
Redskins veteran Trent Williams said after Sunday's 24-16 loss to the Eagles that he was verbally harassed by an official toward the end of the first half.