- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Latest Roy Halladay Items
Cole Hamels struck out nine in a dominant five-hitter, Chase Utley homered and the Philadelphia Phillies advanced to the NL championship series for the third consecutive season, beating the Cincinnati Reds 2-0 on Sunday night to complete a first-round sweep.
Don Larsen was watching the news Wednesday night when he saw an item of particular interest.
Roy Halladay has thrown the second no-hitter in postseason history, leading the Philadelphia Phillies over the Cincinnati Reds 4-0 in Game 1 of the NL division series on Wednesday.
Ryan Howard is a veteran when it comes to clubhouse celebrations.
The Philadelphia Phillies are the NL East champions for the fourth consecutive year and, fittingly, Roy Halladay helped seal the deal this time with a two-hitter.
Having three aces is no problem until the Philadelphia Phillies have to pick one to start the first game of the playoffs.
Tim Hudson remembers when throwing fastballs registering in the upper 80s and low 90s was considered impressive. Now, in baseball's Year of the Pitcher, that kind of speed is almost laughable.
TORONTO -— To the untrained eye, the Washington Nationals looked sluggish and sloppy during last night's 7-2 loss to the Toronto Blue Jays. Manager Manny Acta's team was shaky in the field, didn't get a good pitching performance and committed just about every type of silly mistake possible on the diamond.