- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
Royal Bank Of Scotland
Latest Royal Bank Of Scotland Items
U.S. regulators are pushing for criminal charges against the Royal Bank of Scotland, RBS, over the 2012 Libor rate-fixing scandal. They want bank executives to admit guilt and pay a penalty, rather than simply settle.
Former Royal Bank of Scotland chief Fred Goodwin, who led the bank into near collapse, has been stripped of his knighthood, the British government said Tuesday.
Liverpool was sold to the owners of the Boston Red Sox on Friday after a bitter trans-Atlantic court fight with the previous American owners over the storied English soccer club.
Two people with knowledge of the decision say Liverpool has completed the sale of the famed soccer club to the owners of the Boston Red Sox.
Liverpool's American owners dropped their Texas court case against the sale of the club on Friday, removing a major obstacle to a takeover by the parent company of the Boston Red Sox. But they vowed to pursue a $1.6 billion damages claim over what they called the "illegal" buyout.
Liverpool's ownership battle returned to the High Court on Thursday, with lawyers questioning the validity of an injunction granted a day earlier by a Texas judge blocking the club's sale to the owners of the Boston Red Sox.
A British judge granted an injunction Thursday against the Liverpool owners that could clear the way for the club's sale to the parent company of the Boston Red Sox, and a Texas judge scheduled a Friday hearing on a request to lift his order blocking the purchase.
The trans-Atlantic fight for the famed but struggling Liverpool soccer team spilled into Texas state court on Wednesday when its current American owners obtained a temporary restraining order preventing the club from being sold to the parent company of the Boston Red Sox.
The future of Liverpool hinges on a ruling by a British judge after a High Court hearing Tuesday that exposed the sharp divisions over the proposed sale of the Premier League club to the parent company of the Boston Red Sox.