Royal Canberra Golf Club - Bio, News, Photos - Washington Times
Skip to content

Topic - Royal Canberra Golf Club

The Canberra Golf Club, later known as the Royal Canberra Golf Club, was formed in 1926. Its original grounds were behind the Hotel Canberra on the river flats on both sides of the Molonglo River. ==History==The club's Club House was on a site near the Albert Hall and included the old brick fireplace and chimney of the nearby Kaye family's slab cottage. The Kaye family took over the lease of Klensendorlffe's stone villa in 1854 and in the early 1890s constructed a new slab home with the brick fireplace and chimney mentioned above. The site of this building, like the greens, is below the waters of Lake Burley Griffin. - Source: Wikipedia

Related Stories

No Stories Found