- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Ruben Tejada
Three big pieces of the New York Mets' pitching staff are closer to appearing in spring training games.
Matt Holliday doubled in both at-bats and drove in two runs Sunday for the St. Louis Cardinals in a 7-1 win over the New York Mets.
New York spent money on Curtis Granderson and Bartolo Colon this winter, but will that be enough to bring winning baseball back to Flushing?
Bobby Parnell is ready to resume his role as the closer for the New York Mets.
Ruben Tejada and the New York Mets have avoided arbitration by agreeing to a $1.1 million, one-year contract.
The Mets have their sights set on shortstop Stephen Drew as they look to improve the position currently held by Ruben Tejada.
Mets general manager Sandy Alderson knows how long Mets fans have been waiting for their team to do more than tear down and rebuild. He's been the one overseeing most of the creative roster destruction and reconstruction.
Bryce Harper had his first four-hit game and pinch-hitter Tyler Moore launched a go-ahead homer off R.A. Dickey in the seventh inning to send the Washington Nationals past the punchless New York Mets 5-3 on Tuesday night.
Collin McHugh pitched two-hit ball over seven scoreless innings for the Mets in his major league debut, but the Colorado Rockies completed their second straight four-game sweep of New York with a 1-0 victory Thursday as Jordany Valdespin misplayed Tyler Colvin's leadoff drive in the eighth into a game-changing triple.
Bryce Harper homered his first time up in New York, then hit a tiebreaking single to key a six-run burst in the 10th inning Monday night that sent the Washington Nationals over the Mets 8-2.
Ronny Cedeno was placed on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday with a strained left calf, leaving the New York Mets minus yet another shortstop.
The pitch was a 96 mph fastball, down, on the inner third of the plate. It was a strike, by the definition of the word. Strike 3, actually. But home plate umpire Larry Vanover called it a ball. Stephen Strasburg was not pleased.
The Washington Nationals learned early Monday afternoon that their closer, the man who'd saved 43 games for them in 2011, was going to spend his Tuesday visiting Dr. James Andrews and getting a second opinion on his tender right elbow.
Previewing the National League.
Heath Bell spun around and pumped his fist after the final out, finishing off four hitless innings by the proud Padres bullpen.
Tejada (hamstring) said he also plans to play Friday.
He also pointed out that the Mets are starting to turn things around by following his patient approach.