- Md. parents accused of locking up autistic twin sons
- Dancing Kim Jong-un video sparks North Korea fury
- Delta cancels all Israel flights over missile fear; US Airways also stops flight to Tel Aviv
- Philadelphia mosque leaders try to sever hand of accused thief
- NAACP: Detroit water shutoffs are racially motivated
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Big milestone for Britain’s little Prince George who turns 1
- Murphy: Israel must be wary of Hamas using civilian deaths for recruitment
- Royce: Putin recruiting ‘every skinhead and malcontent around Russia’
- Nancy Pelosi is adamant: Congress worked together when Bush was president
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
Topic - Rushern Baker
Prince George's County Council member Leslie E. Johnson resigned from her post Tuesday, five days after pleading guilty to federal charges of conspiracy to commit witness and evidence tampering.
Prince George's County Executive-elect Rushern Baker isn't commenting on the arrest of his predecessor, but Mr. Baker's transition team said he is staying focused on residents' concerns and his agenda.
Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley (seen here) hold a press conference July 27, 2012, at the Maryland State House in Annapolis with Maryland Senate President Thomas V. Mike Miller, Maryland House Speaker Michael Busch along with Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake and Prince George's County Executive Rushern Baker to announce a special session to expand gambling in the state.
Baker says he believes county residents will support a casino in the county, as Gov. Martin O’Malley called for a special session in August to take up gambling expansion.