- India diplomat who touts women’s rights busted for $3 wage to nanny
- MSNBC host Ed Schultz paid $252K by unions in 2012-2013
- Korean War memorial ordered to take down Christian cross
- Billy Graham near death, ‘close to going home to be with the Lord’
- SeaTac, Wash.: City’s new $15 minimum wage heads to court
- Obama mulls support for Islamists in Syria, with conditions
- Obama ‘birther’ theories float, as Hawaii health director killed in crash
- U.S. drone faulted for killing 14 ‘innocent civilians’ at Yemen wedding
- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
Russell F. Canan
Latest Russell F. Canan Items
A German man charged with killing his much-older wife in their Georgetown home has been starving himself and is in poor health, a doctor said Wednesday, but a judge said he intended to move forward with the trial.
An off-duty D.C. police officer convicted of assault with a dangerous weapon and solicitation of prostitution will spend three years on probation for an incident that ended with him drunkenly firing a gun into a car full of people.
A D.C. Superior Court judge on Wednesday ordered an additional two months of mental health treatment for Albrecht Muth, based on the recommendations of doctors tasked with determining whether he is competent to stand trial in the killing of his 91-year-old wife, Viola Drath.
A Washington man accused of fatally beating his 91-year-old socialite wife will not be allowed to represent himself in court proceedings, at least until his physical and mental condition improves, a D.C. Superior Court judge ruled Thursday.