- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
By David A. Clarke Jr.
Planning for the last attack doesn't make Americans safer
Topic - Russell Hornsby
Russell Hornsby, the new Terrebonne Parish Council chairman, said he wants to bring more accountability to parish projects.
May 13: Actor Buck Taylor ("Gunsmoke," "Gods and Generals") is 74. Actor Harvey Keitel is 73. Actor Franklyn Ajaye is 63. Actress Zoe Wanamaker ("Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone") is 63. Singer Stevie Wonder is 62. Comedian Stephen Colbert ("The Colbert Report") is 48. Drummer John Richardson of The Gin Blossoms is 48. Actor Tom Verica ("American Dreams") is 48. Country singer Lari White is 47. Singer Darius Rucker of Hootie and the Blowfish is 46. Drummer Andy Williams of Casting Crowns is 40. Bassist Mickey Madden of Maroon 5 is 33. Actor Robert Pattinson is 26. Actress Candice Accola ("The Vampire Diaries") is 25.
If you are planning one theater outing this spring, it should be to drop into the Kennedy Center a time or 10 to see the staged readings of August Wilson's cycle of plays eloquently detailing the 20th-century experience of black Americans decade by decade.
He said he's specifically concerned about the speedy completion of Fireman's Skate and Bike Park and the Bayou Country Sports Complex.
HOUMA, La. (AP) - Russell Hornsby, the new Terrebonne Parish Council chairman, said he wants to bring more accountability to parish projects.