- Joe Biden: ‘Businesses are hiring at historic rates’
- Jeb Bush to Congress: Don’t use border crisis as excuse to delay immigration reform
- U.N. Human Rights head accuses Israel of war crimes
- CBP Commissioner: Border is ‘more secure and more safe’
- Obama dispatches researchers to border to check on National Guard
- Dutch receiving Malaysia plane bodies irked at Putin’s daughter in Holland
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Colorado judge strikes voter-backed gay marriage ban, but issues stay
- Brooklyn Bridge flag-swapping suspects identified by nickname
- Christian woman in Sudan spared for apostasy flies to Italy
Latest Russia Items
With the United States only needing a draw to make it through to the next round, there is a lot of pressure on the Americans to get a result versus Germany.
Thousands of Ukrainians in cars stuffed with belongings lined up Thursday at the eastern border to cross into Russia, with some saying they felt betrayed by their government and vowing never to return.
Algeria has qualified for the World Cup knockout stages for the first time after Islam Slimani's headed equalizer gave his team a 1-1 draw against Russia on Thursday.
The shaky cease-fire in Ukraine was thrown into peril Tuesday when pro-Moscow separatists shot down a Ukrainian military helicopter, killing nine servicemen.
Russian strategic air forces fired six new, precision-strike cruise missiles in test launches Friday amid new tensions between Moscow and the West over the crisis in Ukraine.
Belgium struggled to find a way through the Russian defense until the dying stages of the Group H match, with Kevin Mirallas hitting the post with a free kick in the 84th and Eden Hazard sending a shot wide before Divock Origi's close-range right-foot winner in front of more than 73,819 people at the Maracana.
Russian President Vladimir Putin backed Ukraine's cease-fire plans Saturday and appealed to both sides to halt all military operations.
Russia's decision last week to cut off natural gas shipments to Ukraine is adding urgency to discussions on Capitol Hill, where lawmakers are considering legislation to speed approval of U.S. natural gas exports.
Vice President Joseph R. Biden promised Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko in a private conversation that the United State would not abandon its cause to clamp down on Russia for its recent aggressions into the region, leading to the annexation of Crimea.