- House and Senate negotiators reach two-year budget deal
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Russian Defense Ministry
Russia will complete a plan for a program to protect the planet against threats from space by the end of this year, said Vladimir Popovkin, the head of Moscow's space agency, Roscosmos.
Russian military officers flew to North Korea for talks about renewing military ties on Monday as North Korean leader Kim Jong-il's armored train rolled through the resource-rich far east of Russia on his secretive journey to a summit with President Dmitry Medvedev.
Russia's defense minister called for an immediate cease-fire in Libya on Tuesday, telling Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates that it is the best way to avoid civilian casualties.