- Mexican truck with radioactive load stolen
- NYPD head Ray Kelly wins big retirement perk — a $1.5M tax-paid team of bodyguards
- #smh: Pentagon may forgive recruits’ vulgar, disrespectful social media posts
- Libraries to feds: Stop spying on us
- Britain eyes new powers to thwart Islamic extremists
- Angry NTSB ousts railroad union from N.Y. train crash site
- Sen. Bernie Sanders hints at White House run
- Westboro Baptists slam actor Paul Walker: He’s ‘in Hell’
- Dick Cheney: Family feud over gay marriage has been ‘dealt with’
- United States ranks 19 of 177 on global corruption survey
Latest Russian Items
Russia has compiled a list of U.S. officials with ties to Guantanamo Bay and denied their entry visas — all in retaliation for U.S. sanctions against Russian officials with alleged ties to the suspicious death of an attorney who battled corruption and abuse, Sergei Magnitsky.
The success and possible future undoing of President Vladimir Putin lies in the contrast between people such as provincial housewife Yekaterina Arsentyeva and Moscow student Kirill Guskov.
A referendum Saturday on designating Russian as Latvia's second official language has drawn supporters who say it is a protest vote against discrimination against Russian Latvians and detractors who say it is evidence of Moscow's manipulation of the former Soviet republic.
Russian officials have assured their U.S. counterparts this month that they would not complete the sale of a powerful air defense system known as the S-300 to Iran.