- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Rwanda Items
A U.S.-flagged cargo ship and its load of American food aid for Africa has been delayed for weeks in Angola because of questions about ammunition for Kenya it also was carrying, the U.S. said Wednesday.
On India.Arie's last album, she blended a world music sound with her signature style of soul. She's planning to take things to the next level on an upcoming CD with Israeli singer Idan Raichel.
South African entrepreneur Noma Radebe's business plan is simple: Tell Africa's stories.
The four men were once members of the Rwandan president's inner circle. Now they've fled the country and say they fear for their lives even in exile as he steps up efforts to silence their criticism.
A Paris court on Wednesday ordered the extradition of a Rwandan rebel to the International Criminal Court, which accuses him of orchestrating killings and rapes in neighboring Congo to gain political power.
An official says that East African leaders meeting this weekend over Sudan's upcoming independence votes have changed the meeting's location from Kenya to Ethiopia.
A report published Friday by the U.N. human rights office says the killings at Mugunga may have been one of many instances that — taken together — could constitute genocide by the Rwandan army, which at the time was hunting down Hutu rebels in neighboring Zaire, now called the Democratic Republic of Congo.
On Nov. 14, 1996, armed men surrounded the Mugunga refugee camp in eastern Zaire and began shooting indiscriminately at its inhabitants as they huddled for safety or tried to flee.
Spain is seeking the extradition on genocide charges of a former Rwandan general who has been targeted in two assassination plots while in exile in South Africa, authorities said Wednesday.