- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
- EPA tweet baffles: ‘I’m now a C-List celebrity in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood’ iPhone game
- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez tells Hispanics to vote and ‘punish those’ who oppose amnesty
- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
Topic - Ryan Cook
The Oakland Athletics placed reliever Ryan Cook on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right forearm Friday, sent struggling starter Dan Straily to Triple-A Sacramento and called up relievers Fernando Rodriguez and Joe Savery.
Capsules of the 16 NFC teams entering NFL free agency, which begins Tuesday:
Brandon Moss hit a game-ending RBI single with one out in the ninth inning to give Oakland another dose of late-inning dramatics as the Athletics beat the New York Yankees 3-2 on Friday night for their seventh win in eight games.
Ryan Cook, manager of The Clinic chain of marijuana stores in the Denver area, said there's no substance to fears of public assistance being used for cannabis products.
"I've never heard of it. We've never seen it in any of our locations," Cook said.