- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Unemployment rose to 6.2 percent in July; 209K jobs added
- Dave Brat wishes Eric Cantor well, says he’s ready to take over on Nov. 5
- Ugandan court invalidates controversial anti-gay law
- Al Sharpton to NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio: ‘I’ll be your worst enemy’
- South Africa to prosecute after giraffe killed during truck transport
- GOP tsunami coming as even Dem-leaning voters bolt: poll
- London mayor flies Palestinian flag at town hall to support Gaza
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
Topic - Ryan Cook
The Oakland Athletics placed reliever Ryan Cook on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right forearm Friday, sent struggling starter Dan Straily to Triple-A Sacramento and called up relievers Fernando Rodriguez and Joe Savery.
Capsules of the 16 NFC teams entering NFL free agency, which begins Tuesday:
Brandon Moss hit a game-ending RBI single with one out in the ninth inning to give Oakland another dose of late-inning dramatics as the Athletics beat the New York Yankees 3-2 on Friday night for their seventh win in eight games.
"I think it's an encouraging sign compared to weeks past," Cook said. "We had a couple of negative plays. Those definitely contributed to that a little bit, but we look forward for encouraging signs as far as getting that average up."
"I've never heard of it. We've never seen it in any of our locations," Cook said.