- Key Obamacare official: Last two months much harder than anyone hoped
- Sen. Mike Lee: We must stop ‘the prez’ from acting like the queen
- George Bush consoles embattled Alabama kicker Cade Foster: You will be stronger
- Megachurch pastor with ties to Obama commits suicide
- WaPo to readers: Send us your ‘gun violence’ stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- U.S. threatens Ukraine with sanctions over dispatch of riot police
- Canada doing away with door-to-door mail delivery by 2018
- NSA chief defends phone spying: ‘There is no other way’
- Hawaii Health Department head killed in plane crash
- Colorado school drops sexual harassment label on boy who kissed girl’s hand
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Ryan Doumit
Nats' 3-4-5 hitters combined to go 2 for 15, as Washington failed to score in the final six innings.
The Oakland Athletics turned the third triple play in the major leagues this season during the fifth inning of Tuesday night's game against the Minnesota Twins.
Previewing the American League.
The Pittsburgh Pirates and veteran catcher Rod Barajas have agreed to a one-year deal with a club option for 2013.
The Pirates on Monday placed catcher Ryan Doumit (left ankle sprain) and infielder Steve Pearce (right calf strain) on the 15-day disabled list.
The Pirates won't be confused for the Phillies anytime soon. But while their state rivals were busy with Cliff Lee on Tuesday, at least Pittsburgh jumped into the shallow end of the free-agent pool.
NEW YORK (AP) — Roger Clemens popped out of the clubhouse in full uniform about 55 minutes before his first pitch yesterday, bouncing down a Yankee Stadium hallway with his cleats click-clacking on the cement floor.
"It's a nice little cherry on top. I think anybody that kind of follows the game and has a good idea, you knew that that was going to happen," Doumit said of getting the hit after the walk to Mauer. "You knew that once Jamey bunted and Joe's a career .395 hitter or whatever he is."
"With a split doubleheader tomorrow, the last thing we need on both sides was to go deep into extra innings," Doumit said. "I was fortunate that I got a pitch to hit there in the 11th and put a good swing on it."