- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Ryan Doumit
Freddy Garcia ran his streak of perfect innings to five in his bid to earn a spot in the Braves' rotation, Mets' top prospect Noah Syndergaard pitched two scoreless innings in his Grapefruit League debut and New York beat Atlanta 6-2 Monday.
Five things to know about the Minnesota Twins as they start spring training camp:
A team-by-team look at the National League East entering spring training, including key players each club acquired and lost, and dates of the first workout for pitchers and catchers, and the full squad:
For the Twins, change is a coming. Joe Mauer is switching to first base and two of the top prospects in the game are heading to Minnesota.
Former Nationals catcher Kurt Suzuki has joined the Twins on a one-year deal, a day after Minnesota traded Ryan Doumit to the Braves.
The Braves acquired veteran backstop Ryan Doumit from the Twins in exchange for left-hander Sean Gilmartin on Wednesday.
Nats' 3-4-5 hitters combined to go 2 for 15, as Washington failed to score in the final six innings.
The Oakland Athletics turned the third triple play in the major leagues this season during the fifth inning of Tuesday night's game against the Minnesota Twins.
Previewing the American League.
The Pittsburgh Pirates and veteran catcher Rod Barajas have agreed to a one-year deal with a club option for 2013.
The Pirates on Monday placed catcher Ryan Doumit (left ankle sprain) and infielder Steve Pearce (right calf strain) on the 15-day disabled list.
The Pirates won't be confused for the Phillies anytime soon. But while their state rivals were busy with Cliff Lee on Tuesday, at least Pittsburgh jumped into the shallow end of the free-agent pool.
NEW YORK (AP) — Roger Clemens popped out of the clubhouse in full uniform about 55 minutes before his first pitch yesterday, bouncing down a Yankee Stadium hallway with his cleats click-clacking on the cement floor.
"You see a lot of guys that throw 96 and 97 mph during the season, that they're not throwing 96 or 97 right now," Doumit said. "I didn't know anything about the kid coming into today, but I sure won't forget his name now."
He's away from the team indefinitely for treatment, but in his typical stoic fashion last week, Ryan told his lieutenants not to worry about managing without him.