- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - S. Rob Sobhani
Montgomery County Public Schools is set to receive a $65,000 education grant Thursday from a foundation based in the Republic of Azerbaijan, money that school officials say will buy technology for classrooms and an opportunity for seriously disabled students to more fully participate in their education.
S. Rob Sobhani's piece on Bahrain ("Standing steadfast with Bahrain," Commentary, May 20) once again draws attention to a vitally important political conflict in a nation that has been a close U.S. ally for the past six decades. Mr. Sobhani's call for renewed U.S. commitment to the kingdom deserves applause, as does his warning about an Iran-inspired campaign to provoke further unrest on the island.
The top two challengers in Maryland's U.S. Senate race are hoping to unseat Democrat Benjamin L. Cardin, but they are spending much of their time battling each another.
This is a serious book by a thoughtful observer of one of the crisis issues facing America. The points he raises deserve a close reading and careful consideration. S. Rob Sobhani argues that U.S. immigration policy has become such a contradictory mishmash of reaction responses that it amounts to no policy.
"When I visited Longview in October, it became very clear to me that people there are doing a Herculean task, and it's only fair and right that they be supported," Mr. Sobhani said.
Mr. Sobhani said the effort was inspired by a visit to the Longview School, a special-education day school in Germantown.