- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - Saadi Gadhafi
The Treasury Department on Tuesday imposed sanctions on a key supporter of one of the sons of the late Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi.
One of the sons of ousted strongman Col. Moammar Gadhafi was negotiating his own surrender, Libyan rebels said Wednesday, while another son issued a defiant message saying that the regime would fight to the death.
Saadi Gadhafi told Al Arabiya television in a phone interview late Friday that a "new popular uprising" against the transitional council is imminent.
"The Libyan people are governed by gangs, and people must work to eradicate militias," he said. "The NTC is not a legitimate body ... and is not in control of the militias."