- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Safeway
Safeway is a brand name used by several companies around the world: - Source: Wikipedia
Pigs cluster around a food stall like Black Friday shoppers waiting for the store to open. One pushes impatiently against the locked door with her snout, waiting for the sow inside to finish eating so she can take her turn.
Prosecutors in Northern California say Safeway has agreed to pay $2.25 million to settle a lawsuit alleging that the grocer engaged in false advertising, unfair competition and violated a 2008 injunction.
Police have arrested a 28-year-old man suspected in a fatal beating outside a Pueblo grocery store.
Drawing a link between reduced fuel consumption and climate change, President Barack Obama said Tuesday that his administration will issue tougher fuel-efficiency standards for delivery trucks by March 2016.
President Obama's visit to suburban Maryland on Tuesday to announce new fuel-efficiency standards for trucks was anything but efficient, as the commander-in-chief took a 15-vehicle caravan on an hour-long round trip just to deliver a 17-minute speech at a local Safeway distribution center.
As part of his efforts to combat climate change, President Obama will order the EPA Tuesday to issue a new round of regulations by March 2016 requiring auto manufacturers to boost fuel efficiency in medium and heavy-duty vehicles, a White House official said.
Most Americans with intellectual or developmental disabilities remain shut out of the workforce, despite changing attitudes and billions spent on government programs to help them. Even when they find work, it's often part time, in a dead-end job or for pay well below the minimum wage.
Three men have been charged with using handguns to commit a robbery in a Fairbanks grocery store parking lot.
Some Colorado Girl Scouts who had their cookie proceeds stolen have recovered some of the money.
A Girl Scout troop says someone stole the money they made from cookie sales outside a Phoenix supermarket.
Police say two men were shot and wounded Tuesday evening in downtown Portland and one of them has been taken into custody.
J.B. Holmes made another return from surgery at San Diego, this time with far less fanfare.
A 23-year-old suburban Portland college student says he scooped up an envelope lying in a Safeway parking lot because he thought it was trash and planned to throw it away. When he looked inside, he found $2,000 in hundred-dollar bills and a cashier's check for $38,000.
Suzann Pettersen will be aiming to defend her title and keep up her push to surpass top-ranked local favorite Inbee Park at this weekend's KEB HanaBank Championship.
Suzann Pettersen is back after a three-week break _ and back in her comfort zone in the LPGA Tour's Asian swing.