- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Latest Safeway Items
A good start and a great finish was enough for Sergio Garcia to take the lead Saturday in the Deutsche Bank Championship.
Sweden's Sophie Gustafson retired from the LPGA Tour on Friday after missing the cut in the Safeway Classic.
Phil Mickelson keeps saying how much he loves playing with Tiger Woods. He shot an 8-under 63 at the Deutsche Bank Championship to prove it.
Thailand's Pornanong Phatlum shot an 8-under 64 on Thursday to take a one-stroke lead over Lexi Thompson after the first round of the Safeway Classic.
Stacy Lewis is back. Inbee Park is out.
Calling legislation opposed by Wal-Mart and a handful D.C. lawmakers a job killer, the D.C. Republican Party on Friday urged Mayor Vincent C. Gray, a Democrat, to veto the Large Retailer Accountability Act.
For some communities stung by tragedy, a wrecking ball is key to the healing process. For others, the decision to keep the site of past trauma standing is a vital step on the road to recovery.
Former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords returned to the scene of the horrific shooting that wounded her and killed six people two years ago, urging senators Wednesday to pass background checks for gun purchases in her first public event at the site since the rampage.
Former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and her husband launched a political action committee aimed at curbing gun violence on Tuesday as her Arizona hometown paused to mark the second anniversary of a deadly shooting rampage that left her with severe injuries.