- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Saint Joseph
Saint Joseph (Hebrew יוֹסֵף, "Yosef"; ) is an important figure in Christian belief as the husband of the Virgin Mary and the earthly father of Jesus Christ (in distinction to God, his "heavenly father"). - Source: Wikipedia
A Rutgers assistant men's basketball coach has resigned amid a scandal over the way his former boss treated players.
Jim Calhoun witnessed basketball practices all over the country in nearly half a century of coaching _ including Bob Knight's sessions _ and said he never saw the likes of the video that emerged this week of Rutgers' Mike Rice.
The NCAA tournament has started, yet no one will have a better March than Joe Lunardi.
Gonzaga served as the model program for college basketball's non-power conference schools for more than decade.
RICHMOND | Coach Shaka Smart, VCU and the Rams' "havoc" style of play are back in the national spotlight.
Shippensburg quarterback Zach Zulli and Bloomsburg running back Franklyn Quiteh have been selected to the AP Little All-America team.
Even with the outcome considered a foregone conclusion, the heated battle over right-to-work legislation in the traditional union bastion of Michigan showed no sign of cooling Tuesday as lawmakers prepared to cast final votes.
Reserve Garrick Sherman scored 18 points to lead Notre Dame past George Washington 65-48 on Wednesday.
Former Poison frontman Bret Michaels is showing off a new room for patients and their families at the Phoenix hospital where he was treated for a brain hemorrhage.
National Amateur Athletic Union president Louis Stout, who sought to foster a "culture of safety" with the implementation of several reforms, died Sunday at age 73, the organization said.
A Missouri judge will try the criminal case against the highest-ranking Catholic official in the U.S. to be charged with shielding an abusive priest, three weeks before the case was to go before a jury.
Matt Cassel took the snap from center, scanned the practice field as he dropped back to pass and just for a moment must have felt like a little boy on Christmas morning.
A feel-good story and a photo opportunity left Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton with a broken nose.
The Kansas City Chiefs have signed linebacker Edgar Jones and placed defensive back Kyle McCarthy on injured reserve.